Power Posture

Don't Do the Jumbo Shrimp Back

3 years in the cross-fit gym taught me a lot. One of the most interesting thing is how can those nice people put up so much weight and not get hurt?

Several times I was instructed to do some High Intensity Activity, looked at the weight and activity and said to myself "WHAT?"

But, with proper instruction and practice I found out you can lift way more than you think you can without hurting yourself.

Not only that, but I had to fess up that for most of my chiropractic career I was teaching people how to lift incorrectly. Regrettable at least...

Then I found out that proper lifting/activity techniques are applicable to swimming, biking and running. To maintain the "power posture" not only makes you more efficient and powerful, but more comfortable.

Here is the simple list:

  • Pinch your shoulders together a bit
  • keep your head up and back, directly over your torso
  • arch your low back, and/or stick your butt out
  • as much as you can, when squatting, keep your shins perfectly perpendicular to the floor
Like this

Those principles can also be applied to sitting as well. 
Remember this working in the yard on weekends. You don't want to be listed as a statistic with another case of "yardback" because you forgot for a moment with those last few shovels of dirt.

But if you do mess up, don't fear! Call us at (425) 432-4621!

So long as you follow those, you will be as safe as possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody Has a Story

Thankfulness

Most People Don't Realize What They Are Capable Of