Making it Fun!

In the past Kriss Chiropractic sponsored a pretty good triathlon team. It was a great idea to have Kriss Chiropractic stamped on as many high performing athletes as we could find.

Then I was humbled at the Coure d’ Alene Ironman trying to finish my run when Benny Swedburg said that I should join RTB. I told him he should join my team. We sparred back-and-forth a few times on the out and backs until at the end of the race a certain RTB athlete in my age group beat me on the run. I admitted Benny was right, we should join RTB.

Combining forces with RTB enabled us to expand our sphere of influence to others to benefit us all.

 Our Lake Tapps Morning Swimming group (find us on Facebook) suddenly expanded and our new buddies quickly adapted to arriving at dawn and in jumping in the cold lake. (It is really and excuse for a photo shoot).



Little did we know that a little mini mastermind group had been created. RTB swimmers are usually fast swimmers and have made me increase my swimming to keep up. At the same time, I have been able to drag a few people on my bicycle. Not to mention my lovely wife, Heidi the running and party diva, has encouraged several to show up early in the morning and run and even race.



Swapping stories, sharing experiences, and passing on knowledge and coaching has been invaluable to what is turning into a very sizable and pleasant smiling group! Starbucks and Urban Timber coffee shops also love us as we swill down a few gallons of recovery brew on occasion.

Not every day does everybody want to show up and participate. Some of our runs have been long, wet, and cold. The good news is more people are showing up and it done. When it is over everybody has a good time plus did something good for themselves.

There is power in the group. I am too weak to get up and push myself hard enough to keep in the game. . If left to my own way, I probably would've sleep in till about 7 AM, but with others showing up, it makes me more accountable.

You can do it too. Get involved in your local group. Make some new friends. Rekindle old friendships and keep on pushing.

Or, come and visit us! So far our largest swimming group at the Sumner YMCA has been 16 swimmers. 11 runners show up and run on Sundays of varied distances and paces. Spin class on Thursdays typically have at least 16 riders, but last week all 27 bikes were full!

Want more information? Leave a comment or look us up on Facebook (Lake Tapps Morning Swimming and/or Forrest Gump Runners)

Don't forget to bring your hurt body in for repair at Kriss Chiropractic! We offer chiropractic care, massage therapy, ART (active release technique) and Graston.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankfulness

Everybody Has a Story

Most People Don't Realize What They Are Capable Of